Vail Resorts Race Department Supervisor in Beaver Creek, Colorado
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Beaver Creek Race Department Race Crew Supervisor will share responsibility for overseeing the operation of all race department day to day activities and special events, in conjunction with other department supervisors. This includes sharing responsibilities for staff training programs, scheduling, managing assests and inventory, overseeing public and private races, and providing exceptional guest service. This supervisory position will also assist the race manager and other department supervisors with day to day oversight and planning of the annual Birds of Prey World Cup Races.
The Race Crew Supervisor will also oversee daily duties that can include providing event set up, execution and cleanup that can include timing, announcing, course setting, course maintenance, registration, starting, manning a scoreboard and hill clean up.
The Race Crew Supervisor will be expected to set an example for and enforce department policies, procedures and standards. The Race Crew Supervisor will also take on other duties as assigned.
The Race Crew Supervisor will be required to work a varied schedule any day of the week with extended hours during special events and holidays. For example during World Cup a normal day can start at 6am and finish at 8pm.
• Must be 18 years of age or older - required
• Must have extensive prior race department experience - required
• Must be an expert skier - required
• Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs while skiing on difficult terrain - required
• Must be able to work outside in adverse winter weather conditions - required
• Must be able to work safely around heavy equipment - required
• Must be able read, write, speak, comprehend and understand English - required
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time without sitting - required
• Must be able to talk and hear using two-way radios and phones - required
• Must be able to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team - required
• Must show up on time and ready to work for every scheduled shift - required
• Flexible schedule required, may require working 5-7 days or more in a row - required
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required
• Must have basic computer skills (Microsoft Office) - required
• Prior relevant ski racing experience - required
• Prior leadership/supervisory experience - preferred
• PSIA alpine teaching certificates or USSA coaching or offciating credentials - preferred
• Entire season commitment (September 1st 2017 - April 15, 2018) - preferred
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you . www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID [[id]]