Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Optical Technician III (659446) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Technician III – Optical
We are seeking an optical technician, with optical laboratory and optical system assembly experience, to work with optics that will be integrated into complex space based optical sensors for NASA and DoD markets.
What you’ll do:
- Make measurements and analyze data using basic math skills.
- Produce data packages and reports using Microsoft Office tools.
- Build custom optical measurement setups.
- Operate the following instrumentation:
- Interferometers (Zygo, 4D)
- Spectrometers/Spectrophotometers (Cary)
- Scatterometers (TMA, custom)
- Zygo profilometer
- General optical bench equipment
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 6 or more years of related experience, or a two-year technical degree with 4 or more years of related experience is required.
- Working knowledge of optical technology, hands-on experience in optical component integration and characterization, and a mechanical aptitude for working with delicate opto-mechanical hardware.
- Optical lab, optical assembly, optical test setup, and optical alignment experience is required.
- Working knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to run technical software programs.
- Experience working in cleanroom environments.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work with many different customers with a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to perform delicate optical assembly and bonding work.
- Electronic aptitude is desirable.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Optical Technician III (659446)
Job ID: 659446
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time