Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic - Blades, Brighton, CO
Blades Manufacturing Facility in Brighton, CO
Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the following duties.
* Perform regular maintenance on manufacturing equipment and some speciality tools.
* Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
* Reads and understands, Mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic prints and symbols.
* Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
* Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes and grinders.
* Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
* Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
* Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications and within tolerances.
* Troubleshoot under tense situations.
* Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
* Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
* Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
* Operates welding equipment to cut or weld parts. MIG, TIG and stick welding, also weld aluminum.
* Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
* Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
* Safely perform duties related to generating and storing hazardous waste in satellite accumulation areas.
* Use and handle hazardous materials, and understand their hazards at various locations using machines and equipment, properly segregate hazardous materials and waste.
* Communicate to warehouse and/or shipping the transport of hazardous materials and waste according to strict regulatory requirements.
* Comply with state and federal regulations for handling, storage, disposal, transport etc. of hazardous materials and waste.
* And all other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Strong Natural Ability to Work in Teams
* High Degree of Adaptability & Flexibility
* Strong Desire to Learn New Skills & Knowledge
* Excellent Work Ethic, Dependability & Dedication to Team/Company
* Personal Desire/Value to Produce Quality Work
* Ability/Desire to work as Craftsman with Hand tools
* Problem Solver oriented
* Customer focused
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Electrical ability or willing to learn. CNC experience desirable.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
* Associates Degree in machining preferred, or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Apprenticeship or at least 3 years verifiable experience.
* CNC experience desirable.
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Basic computer skills needed
* Basic skills in Microsoft programs
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or corrosive chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.