The Inland Real Estate Group of companies, Inc. Lead Maintenance Technician in Broomfield, Colorado
Inland Residential Real Estate Services, Inc. (an entity within The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.) is a full service professional property management firm specializing in the management of multi-family housing properties nationwide. Experience, professionalism and loyalty are just a few of the many things that set IRRES apart in the multifamily property management arena. Building relationships is at the heart of everything we do. Our communities feature a variety of styles to meet your needs with updated appliances and finishes, and resort like clubhouses with community rooms, pools and gathering areas.
We offer full-time employees health benefits, paid vacation and sick time, 401k and more. *Our property in Broomfield, CO has an opening for a full-time, Lead Maintenance Technician*.
The primary responsibility of the Lead Maintenance Technician is to oversee maintenance staff, building operations and maintenance financials for multiple multi-family and mixed use assets in different geographies. To accomplish this goal, the responsibilities of the maintenance technician include; general repairs to the apartments / common areas of the buildings and grounds, vacant apartment preparation, trash removal, emergency repairs, cleaning, landscaping, ordering maintenance equipment, record keeping, accepting deliveries and moving furniture and/or appliances.
- Direct and coordinate all activities of assigned portfolio to ensure all financial and building maintenance and operations objectives are achieved.
- Develop, implement and monitor effectiveness of maintenance programs to maximize revenue, control expenses, improve tenant satisfaction and manage on-site personnel.
- Provide direction and support to maintenance staff via coaching, counseling, and training.
- Monitor customer service issues by reviewing Resident Satisfaction Surveys.
- Recommend and implement Resident Satisfaction Survey improvement plans.
- Assist in preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Communicate business issues and market trends to senior management and on-site staff.
- Assure adherence to all applicable company policies and procedures, and federal /state / local laws.
- Maintain all level of compliance with all accounting and audit procedures.
- Review, negotiate and execute vendor contracts.
- This position does not have direct supervisory responsibility but does have dotted line supervision of maintenance staff.
- This position requires an Associate’s degree or equivalent professional knowledge and/or work experience.
- This position requires 3 to 10 years of previous supervisory and property maintenance experience within multi-unit / multi-family asset class.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Effective conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- HVAC Certifications and Pool Certificate preferred.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are preferred for this position.
- Keyboarding skills are required for this position.
- Potential overnight travel is required for this position.
- This position requires nighttime and weekend accessibility (cell phones and computer) due to travel schedule and projects.
Req #: 17-0319
Job Title: Lead Maintenance Technician
Post Date: 10/6/2017