Ingersoll Rand Senior Software Engineer, IoT in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
Here at Trane we are committed to delighting our customers with the ability to stay connected wherever they go. Take control of your home’s heating, cooling and energy usage with the TraneThermostat. The intuitive interface and powerful features incorporated into the compact design of the color touch-screen control represent the latest in climate control technology from the industry’s leader in residential HVAC systems. And best of all, you can monitor and control your home’s climate from anywhere when connected with Nexia.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
* Research, design, code, and unit-test new features for the Nexia home automation platform as part of an agile development team.
* Collaborate with the extended Nexia team to understand and address new customer opportunities.
* Constantly update your technical knowledge and skills, and share new concepts with the Nexia development team.
* 3 years Ruby development experience
* Strong SQL skills
* Strong background with unit testing, and refactoring
* Experience with software revision control systems (Git preferred)
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience with software design and analysis techniques and tools
* Experience with Agile development methodologies
* Experience with database analytics and big data
* Experience with React-nice to have
* Experience with Ruby on Rails-nice to have
* Experience with Go
* Experience with Vertica DB
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingNexia®,Club Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visithttp://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
North America-United States-Colorado
Primary Location: BROOMFIELD-Colorado
Job: Information Technology
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 3, 2017, 2:19:26 PM