Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Treasury Analyst, FX & Commodity Risk in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
- Works with global business units on identifying, quantifying, and forecasting commodity, interest rate, equity, inflation and foreign exchange risk.
- Develops strategies to manage these risks under the guidance of internal risk management policies and procedures, as well as SFAS 133 and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Stays abreast of financial market developments by working with investment banking partners and other sources.
- Executes commodity, foreign exchange, equity, inflation and interest rate hedges (e.g., forwards, options, commodity swaps, interest rate swaps, and cross-currency swaps) as needed.
- Prepares reports on hedging strategies for senior management on a regular basis, including primary lead on preparing and presenting to the respective risk management committees.
- Analyzes and forecasts impact that changes in commodity prices, foreign exchange rates, and interest rates will have on the corporate results.
- Establishes a working relationship with our customers and executes pass-through hedging transactions on their behalf. May involve daily contact with customers and presentations to customer executive management.
- Works with the Global Finance Risk Manager, Assistant Treasurer and Treasurer on the asset allocation and selection of asset managers for the US and Canada defined benefit pension plans.
- Works with the Total Rewards & Analytics and Controllers departments on required asset reporting for benefit plans.
- Prepares executive reports for US and Canada defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans.
- Advises Sales and Sourcing on appropriate risk/business related contract terms, contract negotiations, aluminum market presentations for major customers, and internal employee education on FX and aluminum risks and markets.
- Ensures US-GAAP hedge accounting compliance in cooperation with the Controllers department, i.e. documentation requirements, derivative valuations and ongoing effectiveness assessment, external auditor's acceptance, SOX and other internal control procedures.
- Stays abreast of current technology trends for derivatives and pension asset analysis including Reuters, Bloomberg, etc.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3-7 year(s) minimum, preferably with a Fortune 500 company or global investment bank
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: MBA or CFA preferred
- Must possess a strong financial risk management background including understanding the use of options
- Must possess a proven track record of managing financial risk for a multi-national corporation or with an investment bank
- Practical experience building and implementing statistical risk management techniques, such as VaR or Monte Carlo
- Must have a high-degree of self-initiative; must be results oriented
- Must be team oriented and able to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment
- Quantum or Kiodex systems experience, preferred
- Competency with a second language, preferred
Some relocation for this position may be available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Treasury Analyst, FX & Commodity Risk
Job ID: 661504
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time