Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Confocal Applications Specialist West - CA, AZ, NM, TX
Location: North America-United States-CA-San Diego
The Confocal Applications Specialist is a key member of the company’s sales team. The purpose of this position is to promote sales of the companies’ confocal product line in his/her assigned region. His/her primary function is to execute domestic sales plans and to recommend strategies to improve the sale of Confocal products in the territory, aid in the implementation of these strategies in line with Marketing, Corporate growth, profitability, and mission objectives.
* CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Schedules product seminars or training sessions in concert with Leica Product & Sales Management in his/her assigned region. Participates in all activities (travel in the field, attend industry meetings, conferences, local and national exhibitions, etc.) that will enhance the awareness, acceptance, and eventually the sales of Leica Life Sciences Confocal products in his/her region.
* SATISFACTION: Insures that customers are satisfied! Also, must be capable of working effectively with Sales Managers, PLT members, Customer Service Technicians and Representatives, Engineers, Accounting, Manufacturing, and Dealers to do whatever is necessary to satisfy customers' needs.
* SALES PERFORMANCE: He/she shall conduct analysis and performance evaluation of all sales in his/her assigned region by use of the companies Customer Resource Management tool (CRM). The evaluation includes sales call activities, follow up on sales leads, attendance of trade shows, contacts with local governments, associations, and academic institutions, and traveling with other product specialists to improve their field sales skills and product knowledge.
* SALES PLANS: Works with Sales Management to develop strategies designed to increase sales of Leica Confocal products in assigned territory. Specifically, he/she recommends product, pricing, advertising and sales promotion strategies.
* NEW PRODUCTS: He/she has responsibility to increase sales of Leica products through the introduction of new products in his/her assigned region. Coordinates the generation of new product ideas or modifications, performs analysis and preliminary screening of these ideas and recommends the appropriate ones to the Area Sales Manager for acceptance or rejection. Works with the Marketing Department in conducting field evaluation tests to insure the viability of the new products in his/her assigned territory. Coordinates all activities for the introduction of new or modified products in his/her assigned territory.
* MARKETING INFORMATION: Generates and acts on the feedback on customer preferences, suggestions, product performance and other information to enhance the sale of Leica Confocal products.
* APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT: Works with customers or other experts to generate appropriate field data and application notes or publications which highlight product benefits and helps differentiate Leica products.
* Experience in working with Confocal Microscopy required
* Sales experience in selling products of a technical nature is desirable
* In-depth knowledge of the microscopy market is also highly desirable
* 2 years related microscopy experience in a laboratory minimum
Education: BA, BS or MS degree in physics or chemistry or a related scientific field
KEY PERSONAL TRAITS
Good time management
Interact as a team member
Strong computer skills
The candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills with customers and management
Strong technical, electrochemical, optical and mechanical aptitude
Multitasker, efficient with managing multiple accounts within a large geographical region
Strong passion for sales and marketing creativity
Individual must be able to work with minimal supervision out of a home office
Good decision making and negotiation skills are necessary