Abraxas Corporation Cost Estimator in Colorado Springs, Colorado
3001 Cubic Global Defense, Inc.
Develops and supports complex cost proposals and analyses that meet federal acquisition regulations, the Truth in Negotiations Act, and Company policies and procedures. Activities support new and follow-on business proposals and ensure assigned cost analyses/studies are completed in a timely manner. Has firm signature authority on proposals up to $500,000. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and supports complex cost proposals and analyses for material or labor.
• Understands and ensures full compliance with estimating system requirements.
• Leads estimating proposal activity in selected types of procurements and customers.
• Provides input, as requested, to audits, fact-finding, and negotiations.
• Supports financial analyses or model use in support of contracts/programs.
• Prioritizes demanding proposal schedule and tasks to meet deadlines successfully.
• Creates complex material or labor proposals based on schedule.
• Reports on impacts of specific business considerations as assigned.
• Coordinates estimating team projects as requested.
• Provides input to proposal/package requirements and formats.
• Provides input to written and oral communications of estimating proposals or requirements.
• Ensures support of effective strategies/schedules for projects or proposals.
• Provides input to project priorities as assigned.
• Supports Cubic Defense Systems, Inc. (CDA) strategy to commercial and government procurement requirements.
• Provides input for analytical and statistical tool requirements.
• Prepares packages for finance management review.
• Mentors and assists Associate Cost Estimators.
• May perform functions of Senior Cost Estimator as necessitated by workflow demands or requested by senior management.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in business administration, finance, accounting or closely related discipline plus a minimum of two years related experience. Proficient communication skills needed to tactfully interface with various levels of employees and management. Proficient MRP/ERP experience and understanding of manufacturing in a job shop or production environment. Understanding of multiple labor cost centers and complicated manufacturing practices. Inherent understanding of complex indented bills of material and structure. Overall comprehensive understanding of production processes and procedures. Ability to read and understand engineering drawings a plus. Desktop computer application skills and intermediate to advance Excel skills required. Must be detail oriented and able to understand and execute complex spreadsheets. Able to prioritize work and complete multiple tasks, and work under deadlines. Able to concentrate, focus, and perform analyses. Adept analytical and numerical skills required. Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time. Able to adapt to use of new tools and models. Ability to provide support on issues and projects.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic Corporation is the parent company of three major businesses, Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS), Cubic Global Defense (CGD), and Cubic Mission Solutions (CMS). CTS is a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide. CGD is a leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. CMS provides networked Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities for defense, intelligence, security, and commercial missions. All three of our businesses provide innovative technology and an integrated approach to systems and services for government and commercial customers around the globe. This integration ensures our customers receive streamlined operations and strategy, cost-efficiency and speed to market.
Cubic was founded in San Diego, California in 1951 and has since built a global reputation for enhancing customer value. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $1.462 billion, Cubic is proud to have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employs 8,500+ people worldwide. To learn more about Cubic please watch the video at this link:
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf , We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law
For more information on Equal Employment please visit: