Xiotech Corporation Curriculum Developer/ Trainer in Colorado Springs Colorado United States
_10896">Curriculum Developer/ Trainer
Job Description :
At X-IO Technologies, we've established a strong foundation for success, based on creating a positive, challenging atmosphere. We believe that people do their best work in a positive, respectful, and challenging environment, where they are empowered with taking the initiative to ensure the company's success.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and great growth opportunities to our employees. If you have experience in the high-tech storage industry and fit the profile outlined, we urge you to review the available positions below and apply today.
Please note that X-IO Technologies does not accept unsolicited resume from third-party recruitment agencies, firms, or consultants. X-IO Technologies will not pay fees to any third party, agency, or firm that has not been expressly engaged by Human Resources in a specific search.
X-IO is the leader in performance driven storage with the best price/performance/capacity ratios of any solution in the market. X-IO pioneered the only True SHD storage system that amalgamates SSD and HDD in a single pool of storage, resulting in extreme performance that changes the economics of the data center. XIO empowers enterprises to drive database performance to its limits, accelerate business analytics, enable VDI deployments, and greatly improve their server virtualization consolidation ratios. In addition, enterprise-class reliability and ease of use are in our DNA and core aspects of all our storage systems. X-IO is field-proven with thousands of deployments worldwide.
The Curriculum Developer/ Trainer is an experienced, highly skilled professional who will develop and execute a training curriculum and implementation plan for a developed set of proprietary applications and technical hardware. This individual must organize and conduct numerous train-the-trainer sessions. This position often requires a lead role in the development and design of new training courses, monitoring of results through assessments and coaching and maintaining records of training program effectiveness. Interaction with other functional organizations to develop specifications for the content of training courses while analyzing situations and data all factor into the scope of the Curriculum Developer/ Trainer.
· Produce and maintain high-quality technical courseware and lab exercises for X-IO storage systems. This includes determining the scope of a project, building reliable timelines and for following the plan through development.
· Coordinate and deliver alpha, beta, and TTT training worldwide for internal and external audiences as needed
· Ensure the readiness of all course materials and equipment prior to delivery
· Leverage technical expertise and experience in support of corporate initiatives and revenue objectives
· Develop and execute training strategy with input from requirement sessions, documentation, collaborative planning sessions and testing documentation
· Prepare instructor-led virtual, elearning, and distance learning training materials for a full system deployment
· Deliver X-IO certification training curriculum to internal personnel, partners and customers
· Facilitate train-the-trainer sessions with peers in preparation for full training deployment
· Communicate with product team and engineers to ensure release notes and user guides are understood and translate them into training material for all relevant groups
· Maintain knowledge of the most effective training techniques including distance learning
· As an instructional designer, conceptualize, design, and create training materials, including leader-led, blended or self-paced e-learning training courses and curriculums. These include training objectives, outlines, guides, manuals, quizzes, tests, accelerated learning activities, and associated collateral
· Update and modify training materials as industry standards, processes and procedures fluctuate by consulting with various members of management, product and with subject matter experts as required
· Five or more years’ experience in technical courseware development
· Five or more years’ experience in delivering technical training
· Must be knowledgeable of storage devices
· An equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training may be considered.
· A thorough understanding of the concepts and principles behind effective e-learning training is required.
· Strong Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
· Experience with Visio Tools design software
· Familiar with UNIX/Linux and MS OS Platforms (W2K3 and W2K8)
· Experience with shared storage systems
· Understand TCP/IP networking and Storage Area Networks
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Must be able to travel domestically and international
· Superb oral, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills
· The ability to effectively and efficiently communicate complex technical concepts
· The ability to quickly understand and assimilate new technologies
· A team-focused self-starter with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects to completion in a fast-paced, deadline-driven engineering environment
· Desire to enhance technical education services processes and recommend strategies to meet the needs of customers and partners
· A working knowledge the following software applications:
o XML Knowledge and Structured Authoring a plus.
o Knowledge of Camtasia, Articulate, and Captivate a plus
· Experience creating eLearning courses desired
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Location :Colorado Springs CO US 80921
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education :Bachelor's Degree
% of Travel Required :0-20%
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
How did you hear about this job?*--Xiotech Career SiteEmployee ReferralI am a current Xiotech employeeNetworkingMonster Resume DatabaseMonster.comLinkedInDiceOther Job Boards/Other Postings (Indeed.com, etc.)Headhunter/Third Party AgencyJob Fair/Campus RecruitingXio Resume Archives (Pre-Monster ATS)OtherTwitterFacebookRSS FeedLinkedIn
Email this job to a friend!
Your friend's email address:
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)
* United States »
* International »
* + XIO Corporate RSS
* + XIO Blog RSS