SAIC (JRDC 19348) Network Security Engineer (ENG III) Job in Colorado Springs, Colorado
(JRDC 19348) Network Security Engineer (ENG III) (Job Number:429185)
SAIC is seeking a Network Security Engineer to support Missile Defense Agency Tier 2 Cybersecurity Service Provider function within the MDA Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) on the JRDC program on Schriever AFB, outside of Colorado Springs, Colorado.This position requires a Network Security Engineer to proactively and reactively analyze and guide remediation for vulnerabilities on customer networks to continuously improve enterprise-wide security posture. Candidate
1) Perform and analyze vulnerability scans without impacting network operations
2) Perform network security threat/impact assessments and provide those assessments to various levels of
3) Recommend, review, and report on corrective actions for identified risks
4) Draft alerts and notifications for Tier III remediation of vulnerabilities
5) Oversee the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) program; to include dissemination, monitoring, and tracking of IAVM notifications to customers; review of IAVM Plan of Action and Milestones; and provide technical assistance as required.
6) Oversee host-based security across the enterprise, to
include: anti-malware, host-based intrusion protection system, data loss prevention, and rogue system detection
7) Respond to customer malware reports and assist in implementing protective/anti-malware measures.
8) Interpret higher headquarters’ guidance to assist in the development of agency policy
9) Support the development, establishment, review and update of CND procedures, processes, manuals, and other (CERT) documentation.
- Candidate must possess and be able to maintain a SECRET clearance
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or other STEM discipline. A Master’s degree may be considered in place of some experience and additional work experience may be equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree• 6 years progressive cybersecurity experience
8 years of experience total in related IT field, i.e., servers, routers, firewalls• Must have a current DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level III certification with Continuing Education (CE)• Must be able to obtain a DoD 8570.01-M CNDSP-Auditor certification within 6 months of hire• Candidate must have an active DoD Secret security clearance to start; must have or be able to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance• Advanced experience with security analysis and solutions in a WAN/LAN environment• Proven aptitude in oral and written communications, with excellent technical writing skills• Experience with most MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)• Must be willing to work rotating shifts in 24x7 operational environment and respond quickly to emergencies as needed.• Must be willing to travel - infrequent and less than two weeks
Must be willing to provide training to other analysts, as needed
Experience performing security compliance scans across a WAN (ACAS preferred)• Strong HBSS background to include configuration, troubleshooting, and deployment• Ability to train on the use of tools in understandable terms
Ability to work as part of an integrated network operations and support team• Familiarity with DoD CERT/CND guiding security policies and procedures, to include experience with vulnerability assessment tools (e.g. ACAS, HBSS, etc.)
Location(s): Schriever Air Force Base
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 18, 2017, 5:45:10 AM
Primary Location: United States-CO-COLORADO SPRINGS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job