Belcan Rapid Prototype Technician in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Rapid Prototype Technician
Job Number: 219976
Description: Rapid Prototype Technician job in Colorado Springs, CO. is available through Belcan with one of our top aerospace clients. In this role you will need a two year technical college education (AS degree); be IPC solder certified; five to seven years of technical experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment; at least three years’ experience working with digital and analog circuits; and more than two years of experience programming control circuits.
• Using mechanical design drawings, schematics, concepts description and rough sketches, verbal instruction, fabricate and assemble electro-mechanical sub-assemblies/precision components for prototype/developmental models or first production in accordance with Engineering standards.
• Operate various test manufacturing or production equipment to verify product conformance to processing and company specifications, including O-scope, spectrum analyzer, voltmeter, power supply, frequency generator, A/D data acquisition systems with related analysis software, and programmable environmental test chambers.
• Test and troubleshoot analog and digital units for accuracy and assembly problems, calibrate and troubleshoot electronic instruments.
• Troubleshoot new designs during preliminary prototype stages to component level. Interpret and analyze all test data and troubleshoot any unusual performance variations. Make recommendations for design changes.
• Write code/programs and firmware to control external electro-mechanical devices for testing and data collection. Includes Excel Visual Basic, Matlab, Lab View. Working knowledge of Altium PCB Designer a plus - ability to learn required.
• Train production personnel and technicians during new product line start-ups.
• Consult and work closely with Design and Manufacturing Engineers in performing product designs and tests. Keep accurate data and test records.
• Assist or lead in the development of manufacturing techniques of new products.
• Initiate action to change fabrication and tool procedures as necessary.
• Initiate and or assist in the implementation of design changes within the configuration management system.
• Plan and perform set-ups, operations and processes, including minor modifications to pre-programmed computer routines, using standard methods and practices.
• Prepare preliminary sketches and design drawings, engineering specifications and reports for approval.
• Prepare product Verification and/or Validation Test Plan to support IR&D and Special Projects.
• Compile and arrange technical data and prepare reports and recommendations on project assignments for evaluation by Engineering and Leadership.
• Support engineering in development and hands-on update/maintenance of product design documentation including drawings, schematics, Bills of Manufacturing. Experience with Engineering Change Order process, Enterprise Data Management Systems, Enterprise Resource Planning Systems a plus.
• Hands-on proficiency required in MS Office Suite – Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Visio, Outlook.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Use of advanced mathematics together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, handbook formulas; all varieties of precision measuring instruments, CNC equipment, multi-machine work stations, personal computer and computer software applications involving a thorough skills knowledge plus the application of basic theory.
• Knowledge of a specialized technical field such as electronics.
• Equivalent to complete accredited apprenticeship in a recognized trade, craft, or occupation; equivalent to a 2 year technical college education (AS degree).
• Must be able to pass IPC solder certification.
• 5 to 7 years technical experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with digital and analog circuits.
Minimum of 2 year experience in programming control circuits.
If you are interested in this Rapid Prototype Technician job in Colorado Springs, CO. click apply now. respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the technical, IT, professional, clerical, and light industrial fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at www.belcan.com
Location: Colorado Springs , CO
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Not Specified
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart