Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Associate IT Support Engineer
This position is 3rd shift 12am-9am.
The Level 1 Service Desk Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level
1. Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
2. Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
3. Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
4. Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
5. Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
6. Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
7. Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
8. Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
9. Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
10. Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
11. Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests.
12. Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
Primary Qualifications(skills, years of experience, education, knowledge)
1. College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
2. Certification in ITIL, Microsoft Certified Desktop Support or Microsoft Certified Technology (MCTS) certification for Windows 7, A certification highly desired.
3. Knowledge of computer hardware, including Windows and Apple platforms.
4. Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including including Windows XP, Windows 7, OS X, Windows Server 2008, Knowledge on Exchange Server, Printer Management, VMware, Citrix XenDesktop & XenApp.
5. Experience with Exchange Mailbox, Outlook and DList related tickets, Active Directory Related Laptop & Application login issues, Oracle ERP, Clarify Application, Insight application, GSS & IT Change point, HDS Portal Issues, Cisco VPN issues, MobileIron Mobile Device Management.
6. Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including Active Directory & Exchange Management Console, SCCM, VMWare Vsphere, Xen Desktop Controller, Mobile Iron, Remote Assistance Tools – WebEx, Office Communicator, Windows Remote Assistance
7. Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment, and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes.
8. Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
9. Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
10. Strong documentation skills.
11. Fluent English language skills (Mandarin highly desired).
1. Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
2. Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
3. Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
4. Highly self-motivated and directed.
5. Keen attention to detail.
6. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
7. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
8. Exceptional customer service orientation.
9. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
10. 40-hour on-site work week.
11. Sitting for extended periods of time.
12. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
13. Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.