Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Capacity Planning, Senior Specialist - Hitachi Consulting
Location: Denver, CO
Job Code: 3938
Employment Duration: Full Time - Reg
Capacity Planning, Senior Specialist – Hitachi Consulting Denver, CO
As Hitachi, Ltd.'s (NYSE: HIT) global consulting company, Hitachi Consulting is a recognized leader in delivering proven business and IT solutions to Global 2000 companies. We leverage decades of business process, vertical industry, and leading-edge technology experience to understand each company's unique needs. From business strategy development through application deployment, we are committed to helping clients quickly realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI.
Hitachi Consulting's client base includes nearly 35 percent of the Fortune 100 and many leading mid-market companies. We offer a client-focused, collaborative approach and transfer knowledge throughout each engagement.
Basic Purpose: The Capacity Planning Senior Specialist shall support the demand planning process, with a focus in ultimately determining adjustments to capacity in our US organization, a key component of enabling effective Sales and Operations Planning. The demand planning process is designed to recognize, plan for and manage client demand for our US consulting business. In this role, the Capacity Planning Senior Specialist will interface with business leaders, resource managers, recruiters, human resources professionals, and our finance team, throughout the United States and occasionally, our Global Development Center in India.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
50%- Manage the monthly Demand Planning (DP) process, from both Sales and Capacity perspectives
* Manage the collection and distribution of pipeline data and demand info via meetings, emails, calls, etc
* Consolidate and analyze the demand data and compile the capacity information from various sources (including resource management, recruitment, finance, etc)
* Distribute the demand and capacity information to the appropriate parties and gather the capacity information through meetings, emails, calls, etc
* Consolidate both the final capacity and demand information, analyze the results, and make recommendations to delivery management regarding actions to be taken
* Distribute results to the appropriate interested parties (headcount actions around training, performance improvement plans, out counseling, transfers; agreed upon hires to each team; actions for the global development center and for subcontractor management)
20%- Make recommendations and work with the Finance team and HR Client Delivery Director to continually improve upon all demand planning reporting, including:
* Pipeline and sales information
* Capacity reports (resource management, recruiting, competency, subcontractor, and KPI data)
* Management reports for Demand Planning
* Annual Demand Plan
30%- Other Responsibilities
* Work with HR Client Delivery Director and US Delivery Lead to enhance and develop the DP monthly processes, as well as the Annual Demand Planning process
* Work with the HR Client Delivery Director and US Delivery leads to develop and monitor KPIs for the DP process
* Work with the Global Development Center Leadership in India, to ensure that teams are leveraging the work they are each doing
* Work with the Finance and DP leads on the Annual Demand Plan and monthly forecasting (for the US Leadership Team)
* Become an expert in the capabilities of managing demand data in consulting services (for all US service lines)
Education and Work Experience
* Minimum 3 years of experience in logistics operations and 4-7 years related experience
* Professional services industry experience required
* Bachelor's degree or Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university (business, statistics, finance, accounting or management sciences, preferred)
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
* Statistical and Analytical capabilities
* Ability to gain insights from data
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability and desire to interface with many people
* Strong PC skills are required (including expert Excel modeling)
Work Environment and Physical Demands
General office environment, with no special physical demands required.
Little travel required on an exceptional basis.
Dallas, TX preferred (will consider Atlanta, Denver or Chicago)
Hitachi Consulting offers excellent benefits and career growth to all employees!
Hitachi Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/
Community of Practice: Human Capital Management - Human Resources (550)