Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title: Certified Personal Trainer (On Call)
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $20.25 - $27.74 Hourly
Job Type: On Call Regular
Location: Various locations throughout the City and County of Denver, Colorado
Print Job Information|Apply
Job Description Benefits Supplemental Questions
Join the staff ofDenver Parks and Recreationwho are dedicated to the health and fitness of Denver's residents - make a difference in your community!
TheCity & County of Denveris seekingCertified Personal Trainersto fill openings at various recreation centers within Denver Parks and Recreation. Part-time opportunities are currently available.
OurRecreation Divisionoperates thirty recreation centers offering affordable facilities, programs and activities to residents and visitors year-round. You can learn more about us at our Recreation home page
We have over 1,000 organized classes and activities are going on at any given time and offer aquatics, arts & crafts, cultural & social activities, fitness & sports, health, special events & tours and more. The schedule is organized for children, youth, adults, seniors, and special needs groups for maximum enjoyment. Participants may enroll in classes or use facilities on a day basis or by buying a membership.
The recreation centers are also an ideal place to find out about city or neighborhood-sponsored special events and the City Wide Sports program that offers competition to Youth and Adults. Facilities at recreation centers include multi-purpose rooms, exercise rooms, weight-rooms, dance spaces, pools, basketball/tennis courts, playgrounds, athletic fields, running track and more. The facilities are also available for rental.
* Develops exercise programs designed for a variety of levels and lead clients through workouts in individual, small group, and/or large group settings.
* Demonstrates appropriate modifications of exercises and assist clients in setting attainable goals.
* Performs consultations and fitness assessments on clients and potential clients.
* Assists in recruitment, retention, program marketing, and special events.
* Provides professional, safe and effective demonstrations while offering ongoing motivation and feedback to clients.
* Creates enthusiastic and energetic workout environments while providing specific emphasis on safety and proper execution of movements.
* Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of cardiovascular and resistance training instruction, flexibility training, functional training, safety/spotting, fitness testing, and general nutrition.
* Meets the outstanding customer service standards of Denver Parks and Recreation.
* Keeps current on all certifications and industry practices.
* Keeps a schedule of times to train participants in the mornings, evenings, and/or weekends.
* Shows a willingness to answer questions and utilize positive conflict resolution skills.
* Maintains a clean and safe orderly work area.
* Keeps all client forms and files up-to-date.
* Complies with employee procedures and expectations as detailed in the employee manual.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
* Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate.Experience Requirement:
* None. Experience is only preferred.Preferred Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, community health, or exercise physiology.
* Minimum of one hundred (100) hours of experience as personal trainer in an organized, specialized recreation or commercial fitness program.Licensure and/or Certification:
* Certification as a personal trainer by a nationally accredited organization (ACE, ACSM, NASM, or NSCA) and or specialty fitness certification.
* Must have a CPR certification at the time of hire.Education/Experience Equivalency:
* Additional appropriate education and experience may substitute for the minimum education and experience requirement, except for the certifications (ACE, ACSM, NASM, or NSCA and/or specialty fitness certification).Please Note:
* All candidates must complete a satisfactory audition and are expected to stay current with industry standards and practices.
* Copies of certifications are an important part of the process and must be submitted at time of application and interview. We prefer if you attach copies of your certification to your application; however, you may also fax copies of certifications to (720) 913-5621.
The City and County of Denver values leadership that influences the commitment, ability and willingness of employees to provide quality service to the citizens of Denver.
Classification Title:Fitness Instructor - Certified - On Call [RG2111]
Working Title: Certified Personal Trainer
Agency:Parks and Recreation
To Apply: please select the apply button at the top of this posting / visit: www.denvergov.org/jobs
Background Check/Drug Testing: Candidates mustpass a criminal background check, 10 year employment verification and education verification. Additional checks such as credit and drug testing may be required.