Martin Marietta Electrician in Denver, Colorado
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Requisition ID 2017-2843
Division Rocky Mountain Division
Martin Marietta, an American company and a member of the S&P 500 index, is a leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, with operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Caribbean, and dedicated teams transforming more than 100 years of irreplaceable natural resources into the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live. Martin Marietta’s Magnesia Specialties business provides a full range of magnesium oxide, magnesium hydroxide and dolomitic lime products.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Responsible for helping to maintain and repair all machines and equipment at the ready mix plants. Performs electrical repairs. Works closely with plant maintenance department and contractors during repairs and installation of equipment. Helps manages the processes to ensure preventive maintenance is performed to ensure highest output of equipment.
- Ensures a safe work environment for self and others at all time
- Conducts pre-shift safety inspections of equipment and work areas
- Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment or software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance tasks, such as checking, cleaning, or repairing equipment, to detect and prevent problems.
- Repair or adjust equipment, machines, or defective components, replacing worn parts, such as gaskets or seals in electrical equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints, engineering specifications, project plans and technical documents.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills and ability to diagnose problems and recommend cost-effective solutions.
- Other duties as requiredQualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required. 2 year technical degree in electrical or comparable experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience in industrial/commercial electrical field. Experience in the Ready Mix, Aggregate or Asphalt industry preferred
- Knowledge of electrical theory and its application
- Knowledge of safety procedures applicable to working with and on live circuits
- Knowledge of electrical construction and maintenance practices and procedures
- Ability to analyze electrical and mechanical problems and devise and carry out effective plans for repair
- Ability to communicate technical information
- Skill in the practical application of electrical testing devices
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose
- Skills in teamwork and communication including leadership, problem solving, interpreting adaptability/flexibility and time management.
- Ability to perform assigned work independently with minimal supervision.
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans