U.S. Mint Inventory Management Specialist in Denver, Colorado
About the Agency
This position is located in the U.S. Mint; Manufacturing Department; Denver; Plant Manager; Plant Engineering Division; Maintenance Reliability & Ops Branch. The Plant Engineering Division provides all facilities and equipment support for the Denver Mint. The Maintenance Reliability & Ops Branch encompasses a wide variety of duties related to Supply operations including receipt; storage; distribution; and inventory control of supplies/equipment, as well as work order management for all preventative maintenance and corrective repairs necessary to the building and/or production equipment.
As a Inventory Management Specialist, you will:
- Plan and determine the material distribution and positioning of supplies among major supply stations, stock points.
- Perform inventory reconciliation, monitor custodial balances, initiate physical inventories, and process adjustments.
- Maintain and control the inventory of stock property, equipment, supplies, and other related items including managing current stock levels held in the Inventory and Supply Branch via a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Maintain ongoing contacts with representatives of each assigned organizational element.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
U.S. citizens or U.S. Nationals who are: Current United States Mint employeeswho are Status Eligibles or currently serving on a Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA), ORCTAP eligibles.
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
You must meet the following requirements within 14 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-09, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
-Utilization of an asset tracking system.* AND*
Coordinating physical inventories for a large organization AND
Documentary control of the receipt and or issuance of stock property items) in accordance with established policies, regulations, and procedures.* OR – You may qualify with a master’s or equivalent graduate degree. OR –2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master’s degree. OR – LL.B. or J.D., if related.*
OR –a combination of the education and experience. (For example: the completion of 50% requirements for J.D. and 6 months of specialized experience.)** In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable: For the GS-09, you must have been at the GS-07 level for 52 weeks.
The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
To check the status of your application for this position, please follow these steps:
- Login to your USAJOBS account, select the "Applications" section and click on the vacancy you would like to view and have already applied for.
- Under "application status," click "additional application information" and you will be taken to the CareerConnector website where you can check your application status. The "additional application information" link may not be available if your application status says "Unavailable." This indicates that your application is not complete.
Review our benefits
We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
This is a bargaining unit position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
A one year probationary period may be required.
Must successfully complete a background investigation.
Complete a Declaration for Federal Employmentto determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
Shift Work: This facility operates on a 24 hour per day, three shift basis, 5 days a week. Work schedules may vary and assignment to a specific shift cannot be guaranteed. The successful applicant must be available to work on all three shifts on a rotational basis.
Will be required to wear designated safety clothing and/or equipment when appropriate. This may include safety shoes, hoard hats, hearing protection, gloves, masks, etc.
Pass a pre-employment physical examination.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474510800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-17 to 2017-07-31
Salary: $53,912 to $70,089 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 09
Series: 2010 Inventory Management
Appointment type: Full-time
Work schedule: Career/Career Conditional
Job announcement number: 17-MINT-213-M
Control number: 474510800