Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title: Lead Faculty – Health Administration
Department: Academics AU/DVR
State / Province: Colorado
Job Position Type: Full Time Regular
Job Description: We are currently looking for individuals with a doctoral degree in Health Administration, Health Policy, Health Care management or Health Services.
The Full-Professor/Lead Faculty position is a full-time faculty position that supports the University through teaching, service and scholarship. This position carries a partial teaching load of 4-6 courses annually and is located in Denver, CO. This position is an on-ground full-time position which requires being physically located in Denver, CO. Non-teaching duties are detailed below.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provides academic leadership and support to the designated faculty.
• Functions as a resource and mentors designated faculty
• Drives student learning and success
• Supports accreditation and assessment efforts
• Leads cross-functional teams
• Develops, reviews, and revises curriculum
• Engages in scholarly activities which may include publications, research, and/or presentations
• Drives continuous improvement of curriculum and instruction
• Performs other functions consistent with teaching, service , and
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Leading Change: This competency serves as the foundation of the Leadership competency model as it aligns the behaviors and characteristic of the individuals with the organization’s mission and core values. Inherent in this competency is the individual’s ability to balance change and continuity; to continually strive to improve organizational framework; to create a work environment that encourages innovation; and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
• Leading People: This competency involves the ability to maximize human capital by fostering an environment that encompasses the organization’s culture and execute the mission, goals and core values.
• Business Acumen: This competency involves the ability to understand and administer business information cross departmentally in a manner that inspires confidence, instills trust and accomplishes the organization’s goals.
• Building Communication: This leadership competency encompasses written and verbal communications of facts and ideas as well as developing a professional network inside and outside the organization.
• Driving Results: This competency stresses accountability and continuous improvement through decision making, execution and producing results.
• Proven effective academic leadership in a higher education position required.
• Commitment to the vision and values of the University
• Creative leadership for support of faculty in this embedded role.
• Collaborative, results focused leadership style.
• Strong interpersonal and communication.
• Strong organizational skills.
• An earned terminal degree from a regionally accredited university in Health Administration, Health Policy, Health Care Management or Health Services. Proven effective academic leadership in a higher education position required.
Company Information: For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usuallymoderate to loud.
Note: This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at Campus Security & Fire Safety Report. The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
Wait, there’s more…For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers