Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Are you someone who runs on high intellectual horsepower? Looking for a career that will stimulate your paralegal experience and project management talents? Consider a career with DaVita!
DaVita is currently looking for a Paralegal supporting our Legal Operations department based out of our World Headquarters in Downtown Denver. Those who excel in this role are high performers, results driven, and possess a "think outside the box" quality. The ideal candidate would thrive in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment while working collaboratively within a team. Successful teammates in this role possess a high-level of multi-tasking and project management abilities, are very detail-oriented, have exceptional organizational and time management skills, have a "can do" attitude, are flexible and adaptable to change, and are independent thinkers, and most of all, a strong team-player! This position requires an Associates Degree or Certification in Paralegal Studies, 2 years of corporate or commercial paralegal experience and Intermediate proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
Why choose DaVita? Put simply, its more than just a job…it's a lifestyle. Paralegals with DaVita have the opportunity to contribute in a way that makes a positive impact in the lives of thousands! The opportunities for community involvement are abundant and encouraged! With DaVita, you have the chance to work hard, be competitive, and have FUN doing it.
A Corporate Paralegal:
Provides substantive procedural and legal work in support of the Group General Counsel and the team within the legal department who perform work in the areas of Legal Operations. Support would include but not be limited to drafting ancillary agreements;
Participate in Agreement Review process and track related activities to inclue research and proofreading. The position periodically includes supporting administrative reporting requirements of the Legal Operations group, including working directly with field support and teammates in remote locations to obtain critical information for drafting medical and healthcare-specific agreements, and supporting other team members on special projects as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
Conduct legal research of state and federal laws, regulations, and policies; prepare memoranda summarizing research
Draft and prepare medical director and ancillary healthcare agreements
Work directly with field support and teammates in remote locations to obtain critical information for drafting medical and healthcare-specific agreements
Participate in Agreement Review process and track related activities
Develop and present Contract Training Materials and conduct training sessions
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Able to work overtime with little or no notice as needed
Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed or required
Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
* A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
* Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
* Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
* Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
* A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
* Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Basic Qualifications (but not limited to):
* Associate's degree or Paralegal certificate
* 2 years experience in a corporate legal environment
* Minimum of 2 years' healthcare experience preferred
* Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
Traits of success in this position include (but not limited to):
* Commitment to DaVita's values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in all interactions in person and by telephone
* Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities with shifting time frames, and meet tight deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow-through
* Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently within scope of responsibilities and with minimal supervision and to foster a positive work environment
* Demonstrated ability to conduct online (Internet) and library research and to obtain resolution to problems
* Ability and willingness to learn and to develop proficiency in new skills
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go tohttp://careers.davita.comto learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis,click here.
Follow us onFacebookandLinkedIn
DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.