Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Gate Safe Inc. has an immediate opening for a Security Coordinator at the
Denver Airport in Denver, Colorado.
Gate Safe is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. and has a national team of
professional, highly trained security staff serving 90 airlines at 35 airports
across the nation. The majority of our team is dedicated to our core security
business of airline catering and is rapidly expanding into new markets and
other areas of airport security such as aircraft sweeps and cargo screening.
Reporting to Operations Manager, the Security Coordinator will ensure food
carts, catering equipment, and catering trucks are secured while in the
catering units and while en route to the aircraft according to TSA and Airline
regulations. Ensures that all other lines of business including cargo
screening, passenger wanding, gate guarding and aircraft monitoring are
accomplished according to TSA and Airline regulations. Adheres to and promotes
Gate Safe, Inc. commitment to quality of service, compliance with customer
specifications and government agency regulations and focus on safety in the
work environment described in Gate Safe’s General Operating Policy 0.1 and all
policies referred to within.
**_Essential Duties and Responsibilities_****:**
* Screens cargo using equipment/method designated by customer and according to customer’s specifications.
* Inspects airline equipment and checks for any unauthorized items.
* Performs aircraft monitoring, passenger wanding and gate guarding according to customer’s specifications.
* Observes and monitors unit activity and facility surroundings when not performing inspection/validation duties.
* Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
* Reports to Service Supervisor or Service Manager, depending on size of unit.
* Activities overseen by Lead or Senior Lead, depending on size of unit.
* **$10.61 per hour to start, $10.92 after 90 days**
* High school diploma or GED
* Must have a FBI fingerprint check (SIDA Badge) and a confirmed 10-year background check (10 year listed; 5 year verified employment history).
* Not have been convicted of any of the listed FAA Disqualifying Crimes;.
* Ability to bend, push, and lift up to 30 pounds on a regular basis in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be at least 18 years old.
* Hold a valid U.S. driver’s license
* Possess written and oral communication skills in English.
**_Certificates, Licenses and Registrations_****:**
* Works non standard work hours, evenings, weekends, holidays.
**_Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position_****:**
* Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
* Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
* Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
* Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
_The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and
skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove
duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions of this position._
_Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen,
criminal check and airport fingerprinting. _
_Gate Safe is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!_