Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Solutions Architect - Storage Technologies
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a successfulSolutions Architect, Storage Technologiesin our Denver office or other preferred locations could any major metro in the West. This is a great opportunity to be responsible for effectively managing and driving storage architecture transformations based on modern data management principles. Lead pre-sales technical consultative activities to modernize data management within customer’s complex server virtualization and legacy storage environments. This is an extremely important sales engineering role. The Solutions Architect maintains a technical leadership role to help craft sales strategy and tactics, develop sales tools, perform data management assessments, and influences customer decision making at the technical through executive level.
Position Responsibilities Include:
* Work as part of sales team to formulate account strategies and achieve technical closure.
* Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in storage (EMC, Netapp, Hitachi, IBM, Dell, etc) and storage technologies (HW Snapshots, Remote Replication, NAS, and SAN), providing on-site pre-sales support during modern data protection sales campaigns.
* Assist with Storage Economics Assessments to assist in gaining mind share and technical selection in sales campaigns, as needed.
* Help create and present the business case surrounded by merits of a Simpana solution to C-level executives.
* Architect creative and innovative CommVault Simpana solutions aimed at solving business, operational, and financial issues.
* Actively deliver presentations at high level speaking engagements at seminars and trade shows, as required.
* Propose and demonstrate the CommVault Simpana suite of products through the use of demo’s, white board, presentations, etc.
* Develop competitive knowledge and leverage in sales cycle, disseminating to the sales and systems engineering organization.
* Conduct, manage, and lead customer software pilots or proof-of-concepts”.
* Ability to identify and deliver customer requirements, including the ability to provide meaningful field input to the product teams to enhance our overall platform/value proposition.
* Travel 30%+ of the time within North America.
Position Requirements Include:
* Extensive exposure/mastery of storage technologies with focus on EMC, Netapp, Hitachi, and Dell.
* BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field.
* 5+ years in working with storage products, either in a vendor role or in a large environment with 2-3+ years serving as an Architect or Technology specialist in either a pre-sales or consulting role highly desired.
* Experience working with Server Virtualization products (VMware, Hyper-V, or Xen) either in a vendor role or in a large environment.
* Prior experience leading a team, solving complex business or technical issues.
* Prior experience with scripting/programming a plus.
* Extensive working or competitive knowledge of numerous storage products from EMC, Netapp, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Dell, etc. is important. Simpana provides hardware snapshot capabilities with 19 of the top 20 storage platforms as identified by IDC. This role is to help customers modernize their data management capabilities by leveraging advanced storage capabilities across these various storage platforms.
* Prior experience selling, installing, and architecting data management solutions highly desirable (backup and recovery, data migration, archiving, etc).
* Specialized knowledge/skills and demonstrated proficiency with Unix and Linux.
* Prior hands-on system administration experience is a plus.
* Strong knowledge of data center infrastructure desired (Storage, Networking, Server Technologies, etc).
Denver, Colorado, United States