NBC Universal Sr. Manager - Community & PR in Denver, Colorado
Job Number 36279BR
Job Title Sr. Manager - Community & PR
Business Segment Cable Entertainment
Posting Category Marketing
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
We're currently looking for a relationship-driven, deadline-juggling, PR genius brimming with creative energy and passion to lead our burgeoning internal PR efforts. As our Senior Manager, Community & PR, you will play a pivotal role in influencing how our customers, partners and employees perceive the Craftsy brand. You will lead both strategy and execution of our public relations efforts to expand our audience of creative customers and convert them into raving fans.
• Develop, manage and execute a PR strategy that leverages customer stories, key product and partnership launches, major initiatives, editorial opportunities, and more
• Manage internal / external communications and press efforts for Craftsy
• Conceptualize, craft and pitch stories to national and local media to generate maximum, positive publicity for Craftsy, including our community of customers, instructors, experts, designers and spokesperson talent
• Cultivate relationships and partner with internal teams such as Marketing, Editorial, Product, eCom, Website and Business Development teams to identify publicity opportunities
• Help create and execute strategic PR plans for Craftsy’s original content including researching, building media lists and pitching and coordinating interviews / show appearances for talent
• Assist and execute industry and company-driven online and offline events
• Generate press materials including news releases, bios, media alerts, programming announcements, pitch letters and talking points
• Create, manage and update targeted and specialty media lists
• Coordinate and supervise various media requests to Craftsy
• Research and pitch radio and podcast interview opportunities for our spokesperson talent
• Manage updates to Craftsy.com corporate pages and media information
• Work closely with creative teams to build assets supportive of pitches
• Education focused on a communication discipline (e.g. business, marketing, communications, etc.)
• 5+ years of direct management of in-house public relations program
• Hands-on experience with PR-specific tools that help manage contacts, identify opportunities, monitor social conversations, push releases and compile mentions.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
• Energetic, creative driver of new & interesting ideas
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills; experience working with, presenting to or influencing senior leadership and external clients in addition to peer group and/or internal team
• Appreciation for the use of data in your work both as a tool to identify opportunities and also to measure PR-related activities
〈 Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
〈 Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice as needed
〈 Must be willing to work in Denver, CO
〈 Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• More than anything, you love telling a good story.
• You are insatiably curious, a lifelong student of public relations that loves finding the intersection of customer, media partner and company needs and appreciates how data helps drive your strategy.
• You deftly understand how to communicate (in writing & verbally) and how to tap into what makes people tick.
• You get a thrill out of unlocking the stories that drive new customers to your brand. Finally, you love seeing the results of your hard work.
• Genuine interest in crafting or creativity broadly
• Function well with change and ambiguity
• Extremely curious and passionate about “figuring things out”
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.