Jeppesen Solution Architect 3 in Englewood, Colorado
This individual will fulfill a Cloud Onboarding Specialist role for the Microsoft Azure cloud in particular and other cloud environments in general. The person in this position will perform technical analysis, hands-on provisioning, cloud configuration and supporting documentation for migration of applications from another cloud environment or data center to the Azure cloud.
- Strong communication skills and must be comfortable working in a dynamic team environment and handling customer-facing projects and delivery to exacting standards
- Public cloud engineering experience in a DevOps or Production setting with responsibilities in planning, designing and implementing application service delivery
- Prodiciency with scripting languages and system programming. Fluency with at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, node.js, Perl, Ruby, Jscript or PowerShell is essential.
- Experience in both enterprise Windows and Linux/Unix environments
- Knowledge of cloud architecture fundamentals and services concepts including microservices and cloud computing design conventions
- Knowledge of principles of IP networking including network access controls and security protocols
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) operations and tools. Direct experience with Docker, Chef, Kubernetes or similar is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of industry best practices for cloud computing (IEEE, etc) and commitment to keep current with public cloud advances
Technical degree in a related field of study and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Track record of advancement and demonstrated success
- Strong work ethic and commitment to quality
- Contributor in a team setting and willing to accept stretch goals
- Experience with Visio is desired