Jeppesen Solution Architect 5 in Englewood, Colorado
Senior Solution Architect is responsible for building and maintaining “trusted advisor” relationships with senior client personnel within both business and development organizations. The Senior Solution Architect designs and delivers IT and business transformation solutions leveraging automation, Cloud Computing (Amazon Web Services, Azure) and other related technologies.
- Prepares detailed Cloud architectures for business solutions ranging from independent to complex systems.
- Monitors the implementation of architecture throughout the domain and provides technical mentoring, guidance and clarification to other architects and technical implementation resources.
- Provides effective communication to business and technical community on behalf of the domain.
- Leads the definition of architecture principles, guidelines, patterns, and standards.
- Applies appropriate estimating techniques to determine the level of effort required for the technical implementation of the solution.
- Investigates new technologies and product opportunities that could be used to generate competitive advantage. Creates technology roadmaps for the domain solution portfolio. Identifies technology trends and evaluates their impact on the domain solution portfolio.
- Partners with the development team to work in DevOps deployment of architected solutions
- Participates as an active team member and participant in on call, planned maintenance, production outages, and projects.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related field of study and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience, or advanced degree or equivalent; 10+ years of experience in Infrastructure (sysadmin, database, network, cloud).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Applies advanced job principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts as well as advanced job practices, techniques, and standards. Recognized as a job expert within the company.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Initiates assignments and determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work is checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than formal review by a superior.
- Develops advanced technical ideas and guides their development into final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the organization's technological capabilit
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies.
- World-class technical skills and experience designing and implementing IT infrastructure solutions, involving automation and cloud technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of the Cloud market and the key vendor offerings (AWS and/or Azure certifications highly desirable)
- Working knowledge of ITIL and Agile
- Ability to work as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working with automation tools such as Puppet or Chef
- Programming/scripting experience with Ruby, powershell and/or python