Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Vice President, eCommerce & Internet Marketing
Location: US-Colorado-Englewood - Corporate - USE1
Title: Vice President, eCommerce & Internet Marketing
This position will report to the SVP & Chief Marketing Officer at IHS as a senior leader within the Marketing organization and IHS at large. As part of the Marketing organization, this position plays a critical role in IHS’s defining IHS go-to-market strategy and execution and leads in driving IHS’ vision enabling brand awareness, revenue acceleration and market leadership across our key industries and workflows for all products and services globally.
This leader works with Executive management to define the internet and ecommerce strategy for IHS. He/she defines the web presence vision and roadmap to support business objectives for products and services. He/she is also responsible for the web infrastructure and integration as well as the web brand strategy and strategy for driving customer engagement. This position champions the web compliance and adoption across the organization delivering service-level tools and resources to promote and sell products. The job focus is on delivering a best-in-class customer experience via IHS.com and our ecommerce platform.
IHS recognizes ecommerce and the internet as highly effective tools to build the brand, educate the market on the value of critical information and insight and drive sales for our products, services and solutions. Leveraging the internet and ecommerce as a channel is aligned with IHS primary drivers of long term growth: value realization for our customers, expand our share in the market, attract new customers and deliver new solutions.
The Vice President of eCommerce and Internet Marketing will ensure IHS is leveraging this opportunity and has a consistent and strong internet brand presence worldwide by developing online marketing strategies and supporting global, integrated marketing campaigns working with internal marketing groups.
Day to day this position will oversee the strategy and management of IHS public-facing websites, including IHS eCommerce platform, and provide digital solutions for online marketing and purchase of IHS products and services. The candidate should have proven expertise across a broad spectrum of digital experiences with a proven track record of leading web, commerce, mobile, and social solutions targeted to B2B audiences.
This role is responsible for setting the roadmap for the website technical infrastructure capabilities, managing large implementations into the infrastructure, and overseeing the day-to-day production that supports IHS internet marketing activities, ecommerce and other company functions. This position requires an individual that is equally adept at directing B2B internet marketing execution, technical implementations that scale to meet business demands and driving the ongoing website production demands to meet internal client needs.
This individual must be self-motivated and driven to delivering results for the business. Must be able to effectively lead cross-functional efforts in a highly-matrixed environment, work productively with the IT organization, and ensure a strong client orientation with internal customer groups. This position will have 3-4 direct reports, with direct staffing resources totaling 25 – 35 employees/contractors/vendors.
• Analyzes and assesses the effectiveness of all existing commerce operations and current needs based on new technology and market competition
• Works with the Business lines to improve, develop and advocate new promotional opportunities for products and services
• Works across departments to define web roadmap and strategies.
• Develops a holistic microsite strategy to support business objectives
• Maximizes web usability and engagement.
• Develops business plan and annual budget for e-commerce function. Supervises development efforts including content design and updates
• Maximize site for cross-sell, up-sell and long-tail offerings
• Define and execute marketing strategies with social media integration, search, online promotions, pricing and packaging to increase conversion to purchase and average deal size
• Manage and optimize fulfillment processes (content distribution, payment, tax, shipping) for ease of use and cost efficiency
• Create a compelling vision, strategy and digital roadmap for IHS, addressing global opportunities and risks on the 3- to 5-year horizon
• Create business case, KPIs and measurement plan for quantifying return on digital investments
• Secure funding for the digital program
• Establish and lead the digital governance process
Continuous improvement of website infrastructure
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve the website infrastructure (includes website CMS, search engine, website localization, and integrations with ancillary and business systems) to create scalability, stability, and flexible content and design changes.
• Partner with IT to ensure tools, systems, and platforms support business objectives and industry best practices
• Develop strong relationships with cross-functional business teams to determine ongoing enhancements and related business and technical requirements
• Coordinate the documentation of requirements for new developments to address: user interface, CMS functionality, website metrics, system integrations, performance, and QA test plans.
Analyze and optimize online marketing performance
• Continually assess online marketing performance for lead generation and transactional sales, to identify process, reporting, or strategic changes required for better performance
• Consult with marketing clients on SEO, PPC, and social media marketing initiatives to determine the best approach and the highest ROI
• Create engaging cross-platform experiences that support cross-channel objectives and messaging
Management of website and online marketing content and campaigns
• Manage the day-to-day execution of the website and online campaigns, by developing detailed work processes to ensure the flawless execution of updating content and implementing marketing programs.
• Maintain standards, guidelines, and content specifications to ensure overall quality and consistency of all website content. Resolve issues that arise quickly and effectively.
• Establish maintenance and operational processes/systems required to support all website instances, functionality and standards in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ensure that the IHS corporate brand identity programs and plans are implemented consistently across the IHS public-facing digital ecosystem.
• 10 years of similar online/web experience, including managing large corporate websites, and strong understanding of website production technologies and methods.
• Excellent leadership and supervisory skills with demonstrated experience in effectively managing and leading similar multi-function organization.
• Strong background in B2B online marketing and lead generation. In-depth knowledge and experience of SEO, PPC, social media, website analytics (Omniture preferred), and email.
• Expertise with enterprise level website content management systems (SDL Tridion preferred), on-site site search engines (MS FAST preferred), eCommerce platforms (IBM Websphere preferred) and database integration/management (XML and SQL preferred).
• Experience working with web technology and working with development teams to create solutions through agile development methods.
• Experience managing localized websites and translations of ongoing updates and changes to the website content
• Project management experience; understanding of how to move complex, technically oriented projects through a phased development process to completion.
• High energy, high-integrity and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and tight deadlines
• Strong customer-in” orientation and client focus. Must demonstrate an ability to capture customer/client needs and translate needs into requirements and specs.
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills
• Proven cross-functional experience and management skills with a record of building effective teams.
• Result driven - dedicated to setting and achieving quantifiable goals for all projects.
• BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Product Management, Product Development. MBA preferred.
Only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow up
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.