CVS Health Pharmacy Technician - Purchasing in Golden, Colorado
The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for pharmacy purchasing and inventory management. Key Responsibilities: • Utilize inventory control programs and policies to achieve targeted inventory levels and turns.
• Recommend product selection, addition and/or elimination based on contracts, availability, usage, and/or formulary management/clinical initiatives.
• Recognize product trends and adjust inventory levels accordingly.
• Ensure the uninterrupted flow of products to assigned pharmacy locations through appropriate purchasing procedures.
• Review the inventory and purchasing needs on a daily basis.
• Coordinate resolution of all inventory order problems (i.e. back orders, manufacturer outs).
• Prepare, participate in and monitor accuracy of all physical inventories.
• Periodically coordinate review of inventory for expired, damaged, or overstocked medications.
• Process all recall notices:
• Coordinate removal of product from shelves
• Retrieve notices from patients,
• Separate notices for proper return, and
• Orders replacement/alternate products as indicated.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location. May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
Minimum (Required): • High school diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of perpetual inventory processes and systems preferred
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
• Ability to perform accurately and efficiently when inputting information
• Possess and obtain knowledge of drug names - generic and trade. Ability to recognize subtle differences in names and number
· Purchasing and inventory experience strongly . Pharmacy technician experience . Knowledge of pharmacy operations and pharmaceutical inventory
High Schoold Diploma or equivalent
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Health at mailto:AA_EEO@cvscaremark.com
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/