HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Radiology Tech in Golden, Colorado
At HCA, It's You, It's Me, It's All of Us® If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment with high standards and a quality work culture, review the details below and let's see if there is a match. Along with many other great benefits, our surgery center offers NO On-Call, NO Nights, and NO Weekends.
The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCAoperates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the U.S. As an organization HCA has been named Fortune Magazine’s list of World’s Most Admired Companies in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry and consistently declared a World’s Most Ethical Company by the Ethisphere Institute. Designed exclusively for outpatient surgery, our centers offer state-of-the-art facilities that use the most modern surgical equipment available today. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. The best part about working with us is our culture! The size of our centers naturally creates an environment where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. Apply today and take the next step to joining our team!
The Radiology Technician conducts radiologic procedures to provide data to assist in the diagnosis of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Operates x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
- Under the supervision of a Radiologist, performs x-ray therapy on patients.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
- Positions patients utilizing immobilization devices.
- May administer barium salts or other chemical mixtures.
- Operates stationary equipment and/or portable equipment used in the Operating Room.
- Takes pictures and develops film.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include :
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers.
- ARRT Certification
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support
- Current Pain Management experience preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Title: Radiology Tech
Location: Colorado-Golden-Red Rock Surgery Center
Requisition ID: 27806-65105