Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
City: Greenwood Village
State / Province: Colorado
Job Title: Senior Clinical Content Specialist (Clinical Pharmacist)
Location: Greenwood Village/CO
Truven Health Analytics,formerly the Healthcare business of Thomson Reuters, delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks and services to the healthcare industry. Hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, and pharmaceutical companies have relied on our solutions for over 30 years. Truven Health Analytics combines deep clinical, financial and healthcare management expertise with innovative technology platforms and information assets to make healthcare better, collaborating with customers to uncover and realize opportunities for improving quality, efficiency, and outcomes. Truven Health Analytics employs approximately 2,200 people worldwide and has principal offices in Ann Arbor, Chicago and Denver. For more information, please visithttp://www.truvenhealth.com/.
Position includes contribution to Knowledge Development Core Drug Information team within Clinicians division. Senior clinical content specialists are responsible for creation and review of clinical drug content for Micromedex 2.0, NeoFax, Pediatrics, Pharmacy Xpert, Patient Specific Dosing, Ultimedex and other drug-related content sets. See Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities for details.
The Senior Clinical Content Specialist is responsible for content creation, review and maintenance, utilizing multiple complex sources of information and editorial technology.
* Identifies, evaluates and utilizes appropriate literature to create clinically accurate and relevant drug information content for the MICROMEDEX® suite of products and other Truven Health Analytics clinical workflow solutions
* Applies critical literature evaluation skills along with knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, disease states and therapeutic endpoints to accurately assess drug therapy literature
* Synthesizes complex information from multiple, sometimes conflicting, sources to form a conclusion
* Reviews content and provides feedback to writers to improve quality of content
* Prioritizes literature for inclusion in Truven Health Analytics products
* Researches and resolves clinical editorial inquiries from customers and internal departments
* Serves as content leader and subject matter expert for Lean editorial team
* Applies critical literature evaluation skills to develop and implement editorial policies and style guidelines
* Maintains awareness of current controversies, issues, and developments in drug therapy and pharmacy practice
* May provide support to other departments and business units as required
* Participates in staff development activities in support of maintaining necessary job skills
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2012 fiscal year (October 1, 2011-September 30, 2012).
Position Type: Full-Time