TRC Companies Project Manager 1 - Lakewood, CO in Lakewood, Colorado
The Project Manager I will be a Seller/Doer and manage Midstream, Pipeline, Petrochem, Facility projects. Responsible for the daily administration of project and/or company policies and processes in order for the projects team to meet business objectives. Knowledgeable with Regulatory codes & design standards. The PMI will set expectations & manage teams time, and be able to manage multiple projects, have a technical depth and breadth that understand the client/project and keep the team on track and executing the work. Quality Focus, Proven Effective Planning, Coach, Mentor, Train/Guide other staff. Looking to grow career and make a difference. Be part of helping to grow the company.
Work team leader; varies by project
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for all phases of planning and execution on small, medium and large projects, these may be engineering and/or EPC Projects.
Plans, organizes, coordinates, and controls engineering, procurement, and construction projects in accordance with established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company.
Supervises project personnel directly and team leaders.
Must be able to perform as a Seller/Doer, with the ability to bring in new projects through existing or new client relationships.
May serve as a proposal manager.
Technical Knowledge, Proposal Writing & Estimating, Scopes of Work.
Significant experience relating to project controls, schedules and budgets relating to projects.
Self Direction and not need to be micromanaged
Technical evaluations & recommendations, drawings and reviews.
Project Variances, Earned Value
Communicating, Listening, and Treating ALL others with respect.
Extensive client interface, and within project teams.
Completes other duties, as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering "Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Civil Engineer, Structural Engineer, Construction, Pipeline Engineer"
Licenses, Certifications, Credentials, or Other Requirements:
Professional Engineering License (PE)
MBA or PMP are desired.
Skills -- Technical:
- Typically requires 5 or more years of progressive responsibility in the field.
- Typically requires 1 to 3 years as senior or lead role on projects.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of engineering theories and principles.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Regulatory Codes & Design Standards.
- Proficiency in use of Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Able to lead others in varied and complex tasks.
- Ability to adapt to organizational plans in order to set direction for work teams.
- Requires broad knowledge of at least one technical/functional area.
- Ability to participate in solving difficult technical issues requiring a broad knowledge related to technical/functional responsibilities.
- Able to find solutions are derived from available resources provided internally through senior leaders and established policies and procedures.
- Ability to apply independent judgment to determine a course of action consistent with established functional and organization's policies and goals.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and assertiveness, the ability to plan and manage work in an efficient manner, and the ability to work well under stress and time pressures.
Skills -- Communication:
- Ability to speak clearly in a way that is easy to understand.
- Ability to write clearly, using appropriate grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to explain "why" and "how" to do something within a broader organizational focus.
- Ability to write and lead the development of effective technical reports.
Skills -- People:
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive -- but be able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Ability to effectively lead and train others.
- Team oriented.
Physical, Environmental, and Mental Requirements
This position typically performs work within a normal office environment. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Lakewood, CO - LKW