Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Department: Patient Care Unit
Schedule: Full-time (Year Around)
Clinical Nursing Coordinator functions as expert clinician, consultant and support of research in clinical practice. In collaboration with the Director, medical staff and nursing staff, monitors the clinical care of patients and provides clinical support to improve clinical care and outcomes. The Clinical Coordinator is a role model, patient advocate, leader, change agent and cost effective practitioner.
Registered Nurse recognized by DORA. BSN or MSN preferred.
5 years relevant clinical experience.
Ability to obtain and maintain a State of Colorado RN license.
BLS by American Heart Association.
1. Provides leadership for clinical content using evidence based practice in policy and procedure development.
2. Identifies Medical/Surgical, ICU, OB, and Pediatrics performance and quality improvement opportunities. Participates in the collection of data and assists the Director in the development of plans for monitoring performance improvement.
3. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of TJC, NACOG, AACN, Academy of Medical Surgical Nursing/ Orthopedic Nursing, American Academy of Pediatrics, and AWHONN requirements and assists in maintaining compliance with standards.
4. Maintains own knowledge and competency by reviewing current literature and attending relevant education programs
5. Assists Director in developing annual goals which enhance and support the basic goals of the organization, 2ndfloor units, and individuals.
6. With the Director, develops, reviews, and revises standards of nursing care, guidelines, and policies; ensuring that they reflect current evidence based practices.
7. Assists in the creation of and adherence to yearly budgets. Works in collaboration with Director, physicians, and staff to identify needed capital, needed equipment, and general budgetary needs.
8. Demonstrates effective use of verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills so as to promote harmonious interpersonal relationships with unit staff, other departments, physicians, allied professionals, visitors, patients, and community resources.
9. Effectively participates and chairs committees as assigned to effectively accomplish the goals and objectives of the committee and the Medical Center. Reports back appropriate data from committees to Director.
10. Fosters a collegial environment in which there is a sharing of expertise with other professionals, to include cross-functional evidence-based practice projects with unit leaders from other departments.
11. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.