MWH Project Accountant in Westminster, Colorado
Mid-level project accounting position for those that have mastered entry level project work and have proven commitment and professional abilities. This person works closely with Project Accountant III and Lead positions and is self-motivated, takes accountability for work load, assist in meeting team objectives, and training entry level staff. Exercises judgment while receiving a moderate level of instruction on all work and works on assignments that have a moderate level of complexity. At the direction of SSC Leadership, provides accounting support, which includes client invoicing, explanation of processes, work with supervision through collaborative communication with project accounting and project management team members, research and analysis of data, and corrective actions. Consistently performs the application of financial principals to a variety of projects to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data.
- Perform Project Accounting activities specifically related to Jobs (Direct Time – DT):
• Prepare and maintain job setups, invoicing, Billing Rate Tables (BRT), project budgets, change orders, sub-agreements, billings, cost transfers, credit memos, missing rates, non-billable costs, close-outs , and associated files for assigned projects.
• Works closely with RNet team. Provides guidance and assistance to RNet personnel in the completion of project accounting work and asks as quality assurance on work prior to final submission to internal and external clients.
• Establish an efficient invoicing schedule with Operational offices to support Invoicing and DSO objectives.
• Prepare assigned analysis and reconciliations for projects through use of Project Performance Report (PPR) and other tools.
• Verify accuracy of all data inputs and outputs and ensure timely submittal of outputs as required.
• Consistent communication with reporting manager and operations staff of all project work and ability to meet timelines.
• Play a key customer service role and must be personable, professional, and knowledgeable in areas of assignment.
- Perform Project Accounting activities not related to Jobs (Indirect Time – ID)
• General –Responding to non-job related emails, System Downtime, Re-work due to PA errors
• Meetings – Team Meetings, 90 Day Review Meetings, One-on-Ones, PT, All Hands, PSRT
• Training – New Hire, Brown Bags, Offsite, BRT, COS, Revenue
• Process Improvements – Meetings, Drafting, and Roadshows (preparing materials, presentations, travel and meetings)
• Policy and Procedures – Meetings, Drafting and Compliance
• Audits – Meetings, Gathering Data
• E1 Upgrade – Meetings, Training, Testing, Training
• Reporting – Updating AR Comments, Billing Report Comments, Aged Unbilled Comments, Preparing Reports (PPR, Scorecards, 3 Day Rule, SharePoint Integrity, EAC Upload, Utilization, Job Closures, etc.), and Other Defined Metrics
• Revenue – Month-End Reviews and Comments
- Other Responsibilities and Expectations
• Maintain an intermediate understanding of GAAP and COS Analysis and applies specific guidance as it pertains to revenue.
• Maintain an intermediate understanding of contracts and the impact on projects.
• May play a role in training PA I’s and may be asked to lead group training sessions.
• Perform research and additional assignments as directed by SSC Leadership.
• Adhere to all core values set within the SSC. These values include Caring, Integrity, Performance and Enjoyment.
• Positive attitude and participates and implements team building exercises.
• Uses office automated systems to input data, generate reports, conduct specialized research and respond to inquiries.
• Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality. Work to resolve practical problems.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Other tasks and duties as assigned.
• 2-4+ Years in Accounting or Finance degree preferred, and/or engineering/construction experience
• Prior work history that demonstrates flexibility and attention to detail.
• Process oriented and able to work cross functionally in team environments.
Accounting, Accounting Finance
• ERP System experience in multiple environments.
• JD Edwards Financial Management Software programs, including system implementations, conversions, and upgrades a plus.
• ShowCase Power User a plus.
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):