Arrow Electronics Senior SEC Analyst in Centennial, Colorado
Senior SEC Analyst
Job Title: Senior SEC Compliance Analyst
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Compliance Analyst in our SEC External Reporting department located in Englewood, CO. The candidate will assist with the timely and accurate preparation of external quarterly financial reports to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance efforts, including performing tests of operating effectiveness, ensuring test results are properly documented, and any issues are appropriately raised.
• Obtain, review, and compile support for financial information within the periodic filings including forms 10-Q and 10-K.
• Preparation and distribution of quarterly reporting packages.
• Identify, document, test and remediate potential risk areas and support the maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 compliance.
• Function as critical point of contact with control process owners and coordinate testing with external audit staff.
• Assist the legal and human resources departments in the preparation of the Proxy Statement.
• Assist with the preparation of the financial statements for the Arrow Benefit Plans.
• Research of various accounting policies and procedures, including technical accounting research to ensure the company is in compliance. (For US – GAAP).
• Assist in providing information and documentation to internal and external audit requests.
• Participate in cross-functional teams on accounting/finance special projects that will require gaining an understanding of the business and processes that support the business.
• Responsible for reviewing financial data for accuracy.
• Adhoc analysis as needed.
• Help oversee work completed by Compliance Analysts.
• Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Accounting.
• 3-4 years of relevant accounting and internal controls experience, Big 4 or relevant experience with public company is preferred.
• CPA preferred.
• Current working knowledge of SOX requirements.
• Strong knowledge of financial statements assertions, internal controls, U.S. GAAP, and financial statement disclosures.
• Strong project management, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Process-oriented, ability to work with others and lead and affect process change and improvements.
• Highly motivated individual or is a self-starter and takes ownership of projects and tasks.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Experience with Hyperion and XBRL is a plus.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.