Office of the Secretary of the Interior FUNCTIONAL SYSTEMS ANALYST in Lakewood, Colorado
Area of Consideration:
Local Commuting Area: Current career or career conditional Federal employees, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, including employees who are eligible for consideration under a special hiring authority (e.g. Peace Corps, Severely Disabled, 30% disabled, etc.), and current or former time-limited employees eligible under the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) are eligible to apply. Note: Applicants applying under LMWFA must apply under competitive merit promotion procedures. For more information regarding the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act, P..L. 114-47, please visit: https://www.chcoc.gov/content/implementing-policy-guidance-land-management-workforce-flexibilitiy-act.
Veterans who are eligible under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) may apply as well. To be eligible under the VEOA, applicants must be preference eligibles or have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after three or more years of continuous active service. Persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special authorities (Severely Disabled, 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, Peace Corps returnees, etc.) Such individuals need not be current or former Federal employees.
This position is part of the IBC HRD HR Management Systems Division, Office of the Secretary of Interior. The incumbent serves as a Functional Systems Analyst in the HR Systems Management Branch, in support of the IBC Human Resources (HR) Line of Business (LOB) initiative. The primary responsibility of this branch is to identify and analyze system requirements, acquisition and development of HRMSD solutions, and implementation and maintenance activities for these solutions.
Learn more about this agency
- Requirements specification and analysis related to HRMSD solutions.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases.
- Execute assigned tasks associated with customer implementations.
- Provide tier 3 customer support to customers under operations and maintenance.
- Participate in customer meetings, teleconferences, and on-site assistance in the collection and documentation of customer business and system requirements.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of documented requirements.
- Develop system documentation including: use cases, business process descriptions, system analysis documentations, specifications, user guides, and on-line help documents.
25% or less - For training and implementation.
- #### Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
- Office Secretaries
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by background investigation.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.
- Status candidates must meet time-in-grade (see Qualifications).
For the GS-12: Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-11 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is in or directly related to the line of work of this position and has equipped you with the knowledge and competencies to successfully perform the duties of this position. More specifically, this requirement involves experience in identifying and analyzing system requirements for a major automated HR System (e.g. performance management, training management, or learning management system), translating business requirements into technical requirements, and testing and validating changes to an automated system.
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
TIME-IN-GRADE: Current career or career-conditional employees of the Federal government, or former career or career-conditional employees, who have a break in service of less than one year, are required to meet the time-in-grade restriction of one year of Federal experience at the next lower grade, with few exceptions outlined in 5 CFR 300.603(b).
A written test is not required.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Education does not substitute for Specialized Experience at the GS-12 grade level.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employeeguides/careertransition.asp).
Appointment Authorities: For more information on appointment authority eligibility requirements: Persons with Disabilities-Schedule A Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses Other Special Appointment Authorities OPM Interchange Agreement and Other Miscellaneous Authorities
The duties of this position are suitable for occasional telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act.
Stipulations of Employment:
Selection may require completion of a 1-year probationary period.
This position allows for a flexible work schedule.
This position is covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
DOI uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Applications: help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=AlternateApplicationInformation
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Customer Service
- Oral Communication
- Requirements Analysis
- Technical Competency - Systems Testing & Evaluation
- Written Communication
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes: 1. Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment mm/yy and duties performed. 2. SF-50 or DD-214
- Current/Former Career/Career-Conditional Eligible: Your most recent non-award Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50 or equivalent) showing that you are/were in the competitive service, as well as the highest grade (or promotion potential) held, on a permanent basis
- Other supporting documents:
- College transcript(s), if qualifying based on education
- SF-15 Form and VA letter, or certification of expected discharge or release from active duty from Veterans for consideration under Veteran hiring authorities
- Non-competitive appointment authority documentation, if applicable
- Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program Documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal)
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Cover letter, optional It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted prior to the closing date of the announcement.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employeeguides/careertransition.asp.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Onlineto access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
- You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
- Read the Eligibility questions carefully. The questions address if you are eligible to apply to this JOA. Your responses will affect your consideration for the position. You may qualify for more than one eligibility, so please choose carefully. You will only be considered under the options you have selected. If you respond that you do not meet any of the eligibility questions, you will not be considered for this position.
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
- To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- You may preview the Assessment Questionnaire at: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10209942 If you have questions about this job, please contact the HR Office representative listed in the "Agency Contact Info" section of this vacancy announcement. If you need assistance in applying on-line, please refer to the How to Apply section above and explore the Federal Application Process information on the USAJobs website.
Agency contact information
IBC HRD HR Management Systems Division 7301 W. Mansfield Ave. Denver, CO US
Learn more about this agency
For status updates on your application, please follow the directions listed above in the How to Apply section. Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. If you are selected for an interview for this position, you will be contacted directly. A final job offer for this position is typically made within several weeks after the closing date of the vacancy announcement. After confirming a job offer, all other applicants will be notified of their non-selection.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499804700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 05/16/2018 to 05/29/2018
Salary: $79,799 to $103,739 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent