Union Pacific COBOL Application Developer in Louisville, Colorado
PS Technology, a subsidiary of Union Pacific Corporation, is currently seeking candidates for a COBOL application developer position at its headquarters in Louisville, Colorado.
The PS Technology mainframe development team is responsible for enhancing and maintaining crew management and timekeeping applications for the majority of the Class 1 railroads in North America. Successful candidates will work with other team members to design, develop, test, and maintain applications utilizing mainframe technologies to support PS Technologys diverse client base.
- Researching, analyzing, and recreating application defects
- Developing and testing software defect fixes
- Developing and testing software enhancements
- Documenting application changes and test results
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field
- Candidates must take and qualify on an online IT assessment in order to receive further consideration for the position. Click here to view sample items for the IT Assessment. Within one hour after successful submission of your application, please watch for an email with an invitation and instructions to take the assessment.
- Experience in COBOL, CICS, DB2, SQL, VSAM, and JCL
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well with other people as part of a development team
- Proficiency in online and batch environments
- 5 year(s) experience/knowledge in Information Technology including IBM Mainframe COBOL experience
- Railroad knowledge/experience a plus
PS Technology provides workforce management software specializing in rail crew management and timekeeping solutions. The group develops solutions to solve everyday challenges, improves efficiency, increases productivity, optimizes resources, reduces cost and consistently delivers measurable results. PS Technology’s cutting-edge business software assists companies in the transportation, construction, mining, infrastructure and energy industries to better manage people and assets.
Location: Louisville, CO
Closing Date: 03/21/2018 at 11:59 PM Central Time
Job Open To: Internal and External Candidates